2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity
Yakima drivers who want a next-generation SUV that has the power and capability to get them to their favorite outdoor destination won’t need to look further than the 2021 Honda Pilot. The Honda Pilot towing capacity reaches 5,000 pounds when properly equipped. Explore the Honda pilot engine specs and towing capabilities with Harvest Honda Yakima below, then contact our team to set up a time for a test drive.
What is the Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
The Honda Pilot towing capacity will depend on the trim level you choose. Most Ellensburg drivers will find that the Honda Pilot towing capacity on the lower trim levels is more than enough for their occasional adventures. Find out how much a Honda Pilot can tow below:
- The Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring configurations offer a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds with the standard 2WD drivetrain. The maximum Honda Pilot towing capacity is 5,000 pounds when you upgrade to the Intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD System.
- The Honda Pilot Black Edition only offers AWD. This way you can make the most of its 5,000-pound towing capacity without sacrificing style.
In addition to its 5,000-pound towing capacity, the Honda Pilot makes it possible for Sunnyside drivers to take advantage of a 1,420- to 1,625-pound payload capacity. Whether you’re towing a trailer or hauling DIY equipment in your trunk, the 2021 Honda Pilot has you covered!
Honda Pilot: Engine Power
The Honda Pilot achieves its stellar towing capacity with a 3.5L V6 engine. This engine comes with a 9-speed automatic transmission and delivers 280 hp with 262 lb-ft of torque. With a 19.5-gallon fuel tank and 20 city/27 highway EPA-Estimated fuel economy*, Wenatchee drivers can drive mile after mile while saving gas and without sacrificing performance.
Honda Pilot: Towing & Safety Features
In order to balance strong engine specs and towing power, the Honda Pilot employs a variety of performance and safety features. For extra support and handling, learn more about the following Honda Pilot features:
- HondaLink: Stay connected and entertained while monitoring your Honda model’s fuel range, service schedule, and much more!
- Eco Assist System: Allow this system to help you prioritise your fuel economy as you drive through Yakima! Monitor the status of your fuel usage when braking or accelerating to maximise efficiency.
- Hill Start Assist: Your Honda Pilot is equipped with sensors that detect when you’re on a hill. They then notify the system to apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal so you have more control over your trailer as you accelerate up an incline.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD System: This system increases the Honda Pilot towing capabilities as well as automatically applying AWD capabilities when it senses a change in the road conditions.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Keep an eye on your camper or trailer with this rearview camera, or snag the best parking spot in Ellensburg!
Test Drive the 2021 Honda Pilot Today
Now that you know how much a Honda Pilot can tow, you can see that the 2021 Honda Pilot SUV offers the comfort, capability, and performance that Sunnyside drivers are looking for. Bring your small trailer or boat on your next outdoor adventure when you purchase a Honda Pilot from Harvest Honda Yakima. Contact our finance team today to start the car buying or leasing process. We look forward to putting you behind the wheel of a new Honda Pilot today!
*20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors. You can even learn more about this stunning crossover with a look at the range of Honda Pilot interior features.